What Businesses Go By Crossword?
Crosswords have been a popular pastime for decades, with millions of people around the world enjoying them on a daily basis. But did you know that there are businesses that go by crossword names? From restaurants to law firms, these businesses have found creative ways to incorporate crosswords into their branding. In this article, we will explore some of the most interesting businesses that go by crossword names.
Food and Beverage
1. Crustacean: This upscale restaurant chain specializes in seafood and Asian fusion cuisine. The name “Crustacean” is a nod to the crossword puzzle term for a type of shellfish, and the menu features a variety of crab, lobster, and shrimp dishes.
2. Java Jive: This coffee shop takes its name from a popular crossword puzzle clue for “coffee.” Java Jive has been serving up delicious coffee and baked goods since 1994, and has become a beloved local institution in many communities.
3. Brew Ha Ha!: This California-based coffee chain has a playful name that references both coffee and laughter. The name is a play on the phrase “boo hoo,” which is often used to express sadness or disappointment.
Legal and Financial Services
1. Crossword Law Firm: This law firm in New York City takes its name from the crossword puzzle term for a legal document that is filed in court. The firm specializes in intellectual property law, and has represented clients in high-profile cases involving patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
2. Crossword Accounting: This accounting firm in London has a name that reflects its commitment to solving complex financial puzzles. The firm provides a range of services, including tax planning, auditing, and bookkeeping.
3. Crossword Capital: This investment firm in San Francisco takes its name from the crossword puzzle term for a large sum of money. The firm specializes in venture capital investments, and has helped fund some of the most successful startups in Silicon Valley.
Media and Entertainment
1. Crossword Puzzle Daily: This online publication features daily crossword puzzles that are free to play. The site also offers a variety of other puzzle games, including Sudoku and word search.
2. Crossword Books: This publishing company specializes in crossword puzzle books, and has been producing high-quality puzzles for over 30 years. The company’s books are sold in bookstores and online, and are popular with crossword enthusiasts of all skill levels.
3. Crossword TV: This television network features a variety of game shows and other programming that is centered around puzzles and brain teasers. The network’s flagship show is a daily crossword puzzle competition that pits contestants against each other for cash prizes.
Technology and Software
1. Crossword Solutions: This software company specializes in creating crossword puzzle software for newspapers, magazines, and online publications. The company’s software is used by publishers around the world to create and distribute high-quality crossword puzzles.
2. Crossword Labs: This online platform allows users to create their own crossword puzzles for free. The platform is popular with teachers, who use it to create educational puzzles for their students.
3. Crossword Compiler: This software program allows users to create professional-quality crossword puzzles quickly and easily. The program includes a variety of tools and features that make it easy to create puzzles that are both challenging and fun.
In conclusion, businesses that go by crossword names are a testament to the enduring popularity of this classic puzzle game. From restaurants to law firms, these businesses have found creative ways to incorporate crosswords into their branding, and have become beloved institutions in many communities. Whether you’re a crossword enthusiast or just appreciate clever wordplay, these businesses are sure to provide a fun and memorable experience.